My friends over at elated.com have recently released the 3rd edition of their “Master Mobile Web Apps with jQuery Mobile” e-book. I had a brief read of one of the earlier editions and it’s a great book and I’ll be using it as a reference at some point in the future. In the meantime, here’s some info about the book and where to buy it from.
Master Mobile Web Apps with jQuery Mobile
We’re delighted to announce that the third edition of our eBook, “Master Mobile Web Apps with jQuery Mobile”, is now out!
The third edition is fully updated for jQuery Mobile 1.1 and 1.2, including all the data attribute changes, API changes and other improvements to the framework since 1.0. Some of the great new features covered in the book include:
– Vastly improved toolbars and transitions
– A brand new popup widget
– Mini form elements
– A new, more customizable loading spinner
– Slider and listview improvements, and
– An improved ThemeRoller tool.
We’ve also updated the CityChums app in Chapter 13 for PhoneGap 2.1, Xcode 4.5 and the new 4-inch Retina display on the iPhone 5, and we’ve tweaked it so it runs more smoothly.
If you’ve yet to indulge your secret passion to learn about mobile web development, you can buy your copy now at: http://store.elated.com/
Inside, you’ll learn how to:
– Get up and running quickly with the jQuery Mobile framework
– Build pages, buttons, toolbars, dialogs, popups, forms and interactive list views – using nothing but HTML
– Theme your apps to give them a unique look and feel
– Create a fully-functioning, multi-user task manager app using jQuery Mobile, PHP and MySQL
– Use jQuery Mobile with PhoneGap to build native apps.
Reviews and Praise
The third edition is already getting some great reviews, such as this one from Doron Katz:
Other praise for “Master Mobile Web Apps with jQuery Mobile”:
“A very detailed, well-written eBook.”
— Todd Parker, jQuery Mobile Project Lead
“Matt has written an amazing book that can quickly bring any developer up to speed with jQuery Mobile.”
— Darren Clark, Technical Director at Webling Interactive
“This book is a great technical resource… I highly recommend it if you’re looking for an in-depth look at the ins and outs of jQuery Mobile.”
— Jonathon Christopher, Monday by Noon
This ebook’s a real winner and just $19. Grab your copy today at: http://store.elated.com/