HiDownload is a Windows program that lets you capture streaming media such as real player movies, real player audio streams and Windows media movies and save them to your computer. It runs on all versions of Windows including 9x/ME/NT/2000/XP/2003. With HiDownload you can capture and save streaming media as individual files downloaded to your computer, so you can watch them again and again without having to download them again each time and consume bandwidth. HiDownload can capture live streaming radio broadcasts as well so you can save live radio to your computer as well.
The main features of HiDownload are as follows:
– mms/rtsp downloading with resuming capability
– live broadcast manager which allows you to to record live audio broadcasts and listen to them at a later more convenient time
– supports multi-threaded downloads so you can download multiple chunks of the same audio or video stream at the same time, increasing your mms/rtsp download speed by up to 500%
– zip preview – view the contents of zip files before downloading them
– zip extract – download and extract specific files from zip archive without having to download the entire file
– analysis of streaming media file urls from the pages being loaded in your web browser
– save flash animations
– HTTP/FTP/SOCKS proxy management
– flexible batch job methods to download multiple files
– web browser integration
HiDownload is just US$39.95 and can be purchased online using RegNow. Go to the HiDownload website to get a trial version of the software now. The trial version allows you to evaluate the software for 28 days.
For screenshots and example usage please read the pages listed in the “see also” section below.